Monday, May 13, 2013

Journey To The Twin Waterfalls


With Backpacker Sukabumi at 'Curug Kembar'
 
Last week, I and sukabumi backpacker community held a gathering at Abah’s house, an
acquaintance of our member in Situ Gunung , Sukabumi. On Sunday, May 12, 2013 we choosed our meeting point at alun-alun Cisaat, Sukabumi at 9:00. and at 9:30 we decided to set out to Abah’s house , and arrived 15 minutes later. When we got there, Ummi (Abah’s wife) gave us some roasted cassava that tasted so yummy! Then after a break for awhile, we went to the Twin Waterfalls around 11:00am.
Firstly, I think the route to the twin waterfall was easy for an amateur like me. But then I was wrong. We entered the wilderness that was rarely touched by a human, there were many lush vegetation on either side of us. And sometimes we must passed the mini river to continue the journey. 
 
The route still full of wild vegetation.
 The route feels soooo long  because along the way we were disturbed by pacet, which kind of forest leeches that had attached to the skin to suck the dirty blood. I even get more than 15 pacet attached to my body and clothes.
stop for a while to took the pacet off my jeans. (i used the blue shirt)

Our way to the Twin Waterfalls getting harder when a huge tree that fell on our way. The longer I walked, the route getting harder and harder, and the worst part is, I was used jeans and flip-flops that makes my way even harder (I don’t know we’ll go to the place like this, so I wear casual clothes as usual) the route getting slippery, and getting descend, we did not use any safety tools, so we only used tree roots to holding on.
Down Down Down

And the most amazing moment was when we were getting DOWN CLIFFS (Rappeling). The available tools at that time only an orange rope that tied to a large tree, and the rest was about how strong our hand to hold on to the large tree roots wrapped around the cliff. Since this was the first time I did it, and it was
a real cliff (of course) I was falling down (fortunatelly the tree roots helped me, lol) And it’s make my jeans super duper dirty!
One of the cliff (the one with tree root), i took this photo under the cliff. the girl who used light jeans is our guide

After walking for a while, once again we had to getting down a cliff, but there was no tree roots, and we were just use a rope and a rattan canes. can you Imagined it? Although I wasn’t had a big accident this time hehe. After that we had to pass through a LARGE river, with air-heavy current to reach the twin waterfalls and the sad fact is there is no bridge there! Luckily the water was not too high enough at the time.

After crossed the river we still have to continue the journey and walked  about 300 meters to reach the twin waterfalls, and Walaaa! Finally, our destination, The Great Twin Waterfalls!!
After a few minutes enjoying the natural beauty that will never be replaced with anythin, We quickly went back to Abah’s house (after taking photos of course) and pass the same route crossing raging rivers, 'rock' climbing, and others.
And finally at 13.30 we arrived at Abah’s house.
 
Arrived!
This is one of my best experiences, the route was really pushed my adrenaline rush. And you should go there someday! see you on the next journey ;)


hsf 


No comments:

Post a Comment